Travelling with your dogAugust 3, 2022
Tricks and Treats to keep your dog happyOctober 27, 2022
It’s Bonfire Night and you’re all set. Fireworks, toffee apples big mugs of hot chocolate – and the usual feelings of guilt and worry about your dogs. We know they hate it, loud noises scare them.
Time to put your dogs top of the list. What can we do to protect them, keep them safe and reduce the anxiety. Here are some useful tips from our trusted experts.
1. Make sure you walk your dog before it gets dark
2. It is best to feed them before dark because once the bangs start they probably won’t want to eat. The Happy Mutt Company has created a range of xylitol free peanut butter treats for just this sort of occasion. Doggie dippers with lavender and camomile will certainly have a calming effect and they’re super tasty too.
3. Close curtains, put the TV on and try to keep everything as normal as possible.
4. Build a safety den near you, behind the sofa or under the bed (if you have a small dog!). Put an unwashed jumper of yours in there too, this will provide comfort for them.
5. If you need to let your dog out, take them out on a lead just in case they get scared and want to run. Take our tasty treats with you too.
6. If you are planning on having your own fireworks let your neighbours know so that they can keep their pets safe indoors, and maybe look after yours too.
7. if you are having a bonfire, please check the base before you light it as hedgehogs and other small animals may have moved in and made it their home!
So now you AND your best friend can enjoy the festivities.
Happy Bonfire Night!